Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with the old IPdect

Status
Not open for further replies.

malu1709

Programmer
Jan 19, 2011
DK
Hi.I have a problem with the old IPdect. The problem is that the dect phones can conect to the bases and be called. But they can't call another phone. When they try, the phones shows “Base 1” in the display and hangs up. So only inbound calls works. With the configurator I can connect to all the bases, but I can't use the browser to connect to the Master base!
We've tried everything, restarting the bases, make another base for the master, upload other software, etc.
The system is IP406DS R5.0.15. The ADMM is R 1.1.13
Have anyone tried this or does anyone have some ideas. All means can be used.
Thanks in advance.

Can you telnet to the master base station?
If you connect to a slave basestation then the slave will redidrect all http traffic to the master.
Are all the basestations in the same region?
When in Manaer "Auto create extension/user" is enabled does the handsets when registere shows up in the ip Dect line in the Manager?

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

I have tried to connect to all ip adresses that the bases have. In total 4 different ip adresses. But none of them will let me connect to the master base. All the bases is in the same physical location, and in the same subnet.
I havent tried to telnet to the master base, because I have not been out at the customer site.
In manager the phone numbers shows in the dect line tab.

Hi again

I have now tried to telnet the ipdect base, and it works fine.
But I do not know just what to look for :)

all ideas and suggestions are welcome.
thanks in advance

This are the commands:

Code:
General Telnet Access
1. Open a Telnet session to the IP Base Station.
2. Username is iprfp.
3. Password is crftpw.
Welcome to IP RFP OpenMobility Avaya Version x.y.z
Fr Apr 29 12:34:06 CEST 2005
Release
(BUILD 0)
172.30.111.232 login: iprfp
Password:
Welcome to the system usershell!
172.030.111.232 > help
4. Type help to get a command overview.

Checking the IP DECT Base Station Booter Version
You can display the version information of the IP Base Station booter using the base station telnet
interface.
1. Start a Telnet session using the IP address of the IP Base Station.
2. Enter login: iprfp and password: crftpw.
3. Enter flash.
4. The display will show the software and the hardware level of the IP Base Station:
> flash
version of initial booter : 2.0.12
Version of booter 1 : 3.2.8
Version of booter 2 : 3.2.8
Hardware Revision : 51
MAC address : 00:30:42:08:31:A4
>

Manually Updating an IP Base Station Booter
If automatically updating the booter is not possible you can update the IP Base Station booter manually.
1. Start a telnet session using the IP address of the IP Base Station.
2. Enter login: iprfp and password: crftpw
3. Enter flash_update.
4. Enter flash_update a second time for two booters.

Checking the Local Configuration
You can display the local configuration settings of the IP Base Station, using the telnet interface of an IP
Base Station.
2. Enter login: root and password: avaya12.
3. Enter local_db.
4. The display will show the local configuration settings of the IP Base Station:
>local_db
use_local_cfg=1
ip=172.30.111.234
subnet=255.255.0.0
siaddr=172.30.206.20
boot_file=/omm_avaya.tftp
ommip=172.30.111.234

Removing the Local Configuration
You can remove the local configuration settings of the IP Base Station using the telnet interface of an IP
Base Station.
2. Enter login: root and password: avaya12.
3. Enter local_db -c.
4. All local network settings are removed.
> local_db -c
> local_db

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi.
Thanks tlpeter, I have already found the commands, and I have tried all the commands and it works. I can delete the configuration on the IP dect base ect. But it still does't work, the web interface is not working...

A little bonus info. I have tried another TFTP server that shows a little more info and write the following when I upload a new file to the bases with DECT Mobility Configurator: "Peer returns ERROR <File already exists.> -> abording transfer.
This is after I have tried to delete the local configuration with the "local_db -c" command. How can the file already exeists when it is deleted?

any ideas.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back