Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with the FileSystem.SpecialDirectories Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

txmed

Programmer
Mar 23, 2006
US
Greetings. In one of my programs I am using the My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.AllUsersApplicationData function to return the path of the "All Users\Application Data" folder. This works fine on my development machine and on just about every client machine that I've installed it on.

About an hour ago I got a service call from a person saying that he was getting an error message during this part of my program. Unfortunately he did not give me the error message, only the location of the error.

Since this is working on every computer but 1, I'm thinking there is something wrong with the computer. The strange this is that he said the computer he's working on was from the same image as all the other computers. It's weird that only this one is giving the error.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix it?

(txmed)

RiverGuy,

Yes I did find this page when I initially searched the web. Unfortunately it did not help me out too much.

The user is logged into the computer as an administrator. I even had him bring up Windows Explorer and go to the particular this particular directory. He could access it through Windows Explorer.

Do you think it could have something to do with the Windows Environment variables?

(txmed)

Here is the error message he is getting: Initialization Failure

(txmed)

May be.. the framework not installed perfect in his pc!

Zameer Abdulla

ZmrAbdulla,

That's what I'm thinking. I just got a call from the user saying that he reimaged that computer using another image and it is working fine now. Apparently there was some not installed/setup properly on the workstation. I just wish I knew what it was!

Thanks for you input everyone.

(txmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back