Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with textbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfigkid

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
CA
why is it that when i copy and paste a textbox which has been locked, all that is pasted is the formula or subroutine which gives the value of the text box instead of just the value of the text box

Can you elaborate.....do you mean in the IDE or do you mean when you run your final program and try to copy information in a locked text box.

i have a text box which diplays a result from a function. I would like to copy and paste this result. Trouble is, i need the textbox to be locked, and during run time when result is displayed, if I copy and paste into notepad results in a display of the code for the function instead of the value. what am I doing wrong ? Note, if i the locked property to false, everythings fine.

I don't see how that could happen....the compiled code does not have your source code. Compile your code and run it.

The only thing I can think of that might be happening is that you are actually getting old info on the clipboard and your copy isn't actually copying anything.

Are you using Ctrl-C to copy or are you using code or are you using the popup menu of the textbox to copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back