Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Sybase Identity column

Status
Not open for further replies.

somnath74

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
IN
Hi friends,
I usually get a problem when I run embedded queries through a COBOL batch program.It gives me the following SQL message:-

"SQL_MSG: 0001
<SQL ERROR> SQLCODE IS 00000774Q
<SQL ERROR> MESSAGE TEXT IS Pseudo-column 'SYB_IDENTITY' used incorrectly. No table in the query has the identity property.&quot;

However please note that no column in the table has an IDENTITY property attached with it.

The query that I has caused this error is a simple select
query.
Can someone please throw some light on what exactly goes wrong to cause this abort.

Thanks in this regards shall be highly appreciated.

Somnath

Here's what the manual says ...

Pseudo-column `SYB_IDENTITY' used incorrectly. No table in the query has the identity property.

Explanation:

Command failed due to invalid or illegal request. Check syntax, semantics, and permissions. Take any corrective action indicated by message.

Not much help really. If it throws any light on your problem post back.

Greg.

Hi Greg and friends,
I had actually gone through the manual but unfortunately it hardly is of any help.The same query which runs perfectly fine for the same set of data suddenly pops this error.Again when the batch job is restarted it runs fine.I an totally at a loss to make out what the problem is all about.Can someone please throw light on why this kind of discrepancy occurs?
Any help in this matter shall be highly appreciated!

Somnath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back