Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with suppress GHeader

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewB2007

Technical User
Feb 25, 2008
US
My report setup like something like this:

Vendor 1
bill1
bill2
bill3
Vendor 2
bill1
bill2

I have the vendor as part of its own group and then I also group by bill number. I conditionally suppres the bill footer. This part is working fine. My problem is coming when I try and suppress the Vendor Group.

I get something that looks like this:

Vendor 1
Vendor 2
Vendor 3
bill1
bill2
Vendor 4
Vendor 5
bill1

I don't want the vendors to show if they don't have any bills showing.

Suggestions...

Use a group selection formula to exclude these vendors from the report entirely.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I don't know of a way to do that because I need to exclude only if the days aged fall outside of the day range parameter. Which the days aged is calculated on the fly.

I have found a way to get close to the result that I want but there is one problem this is what it basically looks like:

bill1
bill2
vendor 2
bill1
vendor 3
bill2

As you can see the first vendor group doesn't show. I have done a suppression based on a function variable that does a total for each vendor. I do a check on each record to see if I am in the same vedor. Is so continue to sum otherwise reset. It shows exactly how I want it to except for that first vendors name.

You will have to show us the formulas you used if you want help.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back