Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with softphone (Can t get to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpurcell

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
CA
CAN ANY ONE HELP? I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE EVERYTIME I TRY TO LOG ON(IT SAYS CHECK WITH YOUR SYSTEM ADMIN BUT I AM THE ADMIN)PLEASE HELP!!!

Be more specific, what have you done on the IPO and what on your PC. Do you have Phonemanager Pro & iPhonemanager licenses? What's the OS of your PC?

I have installed the phone manager pro licences,also installed the audio enabled licences,I have also created a new user as VOIP ext.I have ticked off "enable VOIP" Under the preferences tab in phone manager and then restarted the pc(Got the error,never got it before)Thanks!

Correct me if i'm wrong:

You installed the PhoneManager as a Softphone. Then you untick the "enable VoIP" option and restart your PC.

After unticking the VoIP option you cannot login using the number of that VoIP extension, you either use another number or enable the VoIP option. Only then you can login.

The error says Failed to register with IP Office for VOIP operation! Contact your system administrator. This is what it says on the user's PC When it normally would say the licence has been changed!Any sugestions?

I meant I put a check mark in the box labelled "enable VOIP".I have a vcm5 card installed.

Are you on the local lan in the same subnet ? Is the routing ok ?

Try dropping the licence temporarilly to Pro instead of VoIP and try to use that phone manager to login as a digital phone, see if that works. That should help narrow the issue down.

Next step in my mind would be to run monitor with h.323 and interface traces (filter to the IP of the PC and the control unit) active, and see what exactly is going on.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back