Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with setting up Branch Office VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamps123

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2006
US
I got a firebox X700 and some x15

I was trying to set up a new branch office VPN for a new office.

However, I am not able to see an active IPSec tunnel on the System Manager, nor the x15 VPN statics page.

Any ideas? would it be the ISP blocking it?? I think I did correctly setup the tunnels, gateway, etc. may be the procedure was wrong? or I will need to reboot both boxes or do I have to flash the x700?

Thx a million

Hi,

First of all check the Phase 1 and the Phase 2 settings on both the Fireboxes and match them. Then also make sure that the Routing policies are correct. If you are using software version 7.x on the Firebox X 700, then you need to create an 'Any' service there and configure them with networks on both sides of the tunnel. And in case you are using Fireware Pro the 'Any' service is made by default when you configure the gateway and the tunnel. Save the configuration on the Firebox and then check out what log message you get in the Traffic Monitor.

Post the log message, as it will help in finding where the isssue lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back