Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Session Variables in Popup Window -Used to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmikow

Programmer
Mar 27, 2003
US
I have a sub that I use to add a Pop-Up window to a button that used to work. The pop-up still appears to work properly on initial loading of the pop-up window.

It populates data from the Session variables that I had set previously and everything looks good. The problem is that when I do something that causes a postback in the pop-up window it appears to clear out all of the Session variables, including those from the parent page.

This causes issues when returning from the pop-up to the main page.

This worked a few weeks ago and I haven't changed anything that would cause this.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what to check to see what could cause the problem?

Thanks,

Josh

>> Session variables, including those from the parent page.

its difficult to point an error out from the info you have given now.

But thats how a session behaves. i am guessng that somehow u r clearing the session in your popup code...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

I found the problem in an errant Session.Abandon() that was in a module that I was calling. Don't know why it was there but I removed it and my problem was solved.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back