Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with SendKeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

flies4fun

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2001
US
I'm trying to facilitate the use of several different software packages on a touchscreen computer. They can all be running at the same time. I'd like for my app to present an onscreen keyboard and pass the keys to the app & control with focus but anytime I touch a key in my app it gets focus and the sent key doesn't go. How do I not take focus or either take it and give it back to the control that had it in time for the sendkey to work? Can't seem to use appactivate because apps are already running and I don't know what they're named.
Thanks.

Hi,

I believe you will have to have a way of selecteing the window you want to send the keys to. I had written an application for physically impaired people that did this. It worked very well in the win 3.1 days, but even then you had to pick the app that you wished communicate with. At that time it was much easier to tell which apps were active on the system, also. Now I would not recommend using sendkeys, it is based on DDE and that is not reliable. I would try using OLE to automate the control of the other apps.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back