Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with screen / resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhasti

Programmer
Nov 24, 2008
DE
I'm running a foxpro 2.6 application under win xp, in fullscreen mode. In this prog there is an external program call (another exe file).

Once this call is fired, the resolution of the foxpro application is changed, and the letters are smaller.

How can I fix this? Running under win 98 this will not occur, but I have to run the foxpro app under win xp.

Any ideas? (I'm not very familiar with foxpro).
Please let me know.

Im guessing this is foxpro for dos...(??) Is the external program running in fullscreen? (right-click, properties > screen tab)

Ashthud

Hi,

puuuhh, I've found a workaround, "scrolling" down the
documentation in FOX.

SET DISPLAY TO CGA

will change the display to the correct settings, after
calling the executable.

meh, "set disp to cga" causes error message if graphics hardware doesnt allow the display...

if you do get the message, maybe you could have your exe set to run in compatability mode

Ashthud

If the exe is calling from a DOS BATCH file, you could achive it by giving the following line of code just before the EXE call.

mode con cols=80 lines=24

I think
SET DISPLAY TO VGA25
will be the best.

Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back