Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuKemBoy

Technical User
Mar 18, 2002
DE
I have two scanners but at the moment not even one of them works.
The first is a TRUST IMAGERY 4800SP, it worked fine until it started with some blue areas on the scanned pictures. the colder the scanner was the darker and bigger were the blue parts of the scanned areas. but after reinstalling my whole system the pc wasn't able to connect to my scanner (connected via Interface Card).
So i got an old scanner from where i worked and installed it and everything seemed to work fine until the first scan. All i got was just a red picture. nothing else than red.

Who can help me?

Thanks
Sammy

The software for the device has an interface that provides some options for scanning (e.g., best quality, reduced noise, dithering, etc.).

Try changing these and perhaps the scanner's resolution. I had the same problem with a new HP Scanner and changed a couple of these functions and the grey and red filled boxes became recognizable images.

If you are unable to see the preview scans, you likely have other problems (e.g., I/O port or IRQ conflict, improper drivers for your interface, etc.).

What type of scanner are you trying to connect, what interface (e.g., USB, parallel port, SCSI), what OS are you using, what scanning software?

Frak

i have a pentium 233mmx, 64mb ram and i use win98 (4.10.1998)with latest updates from microsoft hompage. the scanner is connected on printer port lpt1 and also the preview scan is red. i use the original scanning software and drivers that came along with the scanner. it's a quite mysterious problem because the scanner was only used once before on another computer (pentium II 266 with win98) and had the same problems.
i think the problem wih my old scanner has something to do with the interface card because my system doesn't recognise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back