Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with restarting failed groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch01

Technical User
Jul 9, 2001
US
Hi,

We've got a problem when we try and restart a failed group, the restart does nothing. In the monitor tab it shows that the restarted group has completed successfully, whereas it has actually done nothing.
Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks.
Caroline

Have you increased your "client retries" parameter?
Manage Groups -> Right click on group -> Edit -> Increase "Client retries"
(On a windows platform, can't remember how to do it through Unix gui)

We had tried the client retries but it didn't make any difference.
Any other thoughts on this one ?
Thx.

I have seen this too. It is a known issue and as far as I know it is still unresolved. My only advise is to contact Legato support.

We opened a case with Legato about this 2 weeks ago, but so far we have had nothing helpful from them.

I`ve seen it several times but in my case it was different groups of clients.
When Oracle DB clients fails (we have scripts configured for diff type of backup, Cold and Hot) - the only way is to Start again group(not Restart). Usially we are move failed client to another group called Test (using the same Pool).
As for NT client sometime I`ve just restarted legato services on a client.
Unix NWADMIN GUI has preview future - some time it helps me to check does the client will do anything at all.
About retry...We have 3 but it means client in a group trying to start session with server 3 times automatically then failed( nothing with Restart manually) - is it correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back