Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with response.redirect in IIS4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

muralinaidu

Programmer
Jan 2, 2001
DE
hi,
while using response.redirect i am shown an 405 error. can any one tell me what could be the problem. i used DTC button in a page and in the onclick event of that button i wrote this code response.redirect "pagename.asp".
thanking you
muralinaidu

You can not redirect after IIS has output any content, such as the DTC button. Try using response.buffer=true at the begining of the code (before any output)

hi diegoful,
as you know i told u that the problem is with IIS. plase note that either PWS or IIS won't work with out
response.buffer= true. this is the basic thing for redirecting a page. but i asked in the question that it's not working with IIS only. let me tell u response.redirect is not identified by IIS. i got an answer too for this on the day i have posted this message. the answer was in MSDN help. but there are few more methods. i wanted to know them. please check with the question while answering.
thanking u
murali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back