Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Report Destination Using SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmont

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
US
I am installing CE 8.5 for the first time and I have everything set up now on a test server. Everything seems to be working fine except when I choose the report destination of "email(SMTP)". When I run the report I get this message "destination DLL disabled. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp:"

I configured the job server per the instructions in the help text but obviously I've overlooked something. Can someone give me a clue as to what I've done wrong?

Thanks.

Have you already checked to make sure that snmp is enabled on your mail server? If so, look at the job server setup. You may not need the snmp user id and password filled out either. It depends on your mail server and setup.

-Logon to the Crystal Management Console
-Go to Manage Servers
-Click on the Crystal Job Server
-Click on Destinations
-Select CrystalEnterprise.Smtp and click on enable

Ralph03 - - -

You were right on the mark! It works fine now. I can't believe it was as simple as just enabling it. Sometimes the easiest steps are the easiest to miss. Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back