Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Replicated database and other....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdRev

Programmer
Aug 29, 2000
US
I just replicated my database, now I can' t run report off this database because a temporary table that I need to create for the reports can not be created.
I have this SQL to populate a temporary table:
strSQL = "Insert into tblTemp1 " & strCriteria
It worked fine on an unreplicted database but not on a replicated db.

Is there any special options that I need to consider with my SQL statements.

Also, once I get this working, can anybody help me with another problem. I have a query that returns a few records, and designed a report based on these records. How can I print just the record that is selected ( meaning where the cursor is currently pointed). Right now when I hit a print button, all the records get printed.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replication... I'm not an expert but from what I recall reading you can only create objects in the design master and not in the replica. Since you do not want to replicate a temp table, I have two ideas. Do not replicate the front end but distribute it and replicate the data. The second idea is to use a temporary database file and link to your temp file in there.

lameid is correct with his first option. if you have a client/server system, never replicate the frontend. every time I have had to use (yuck) access replication, I have had issues with front end replication. With backend replication (and proper design) I have had no real problems, even doing internet replication.

-d

thanks guys for the tip. I believe I will be staying away from replication until I get a better grasp of it. I was going to use replication because I have an option on my vb application to back-up and restore the database(tables, queries and reports). Do you have any suggestions on how I can back-up and restore a database? I only need to back-up the tables that the application uses.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back