Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with raid option

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpeesb

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
DE
hello

we are running arcserve 9.01 for two weeks now. we've been upgrading from as2000. With AS2000 we've been using a Library (StorageTek L180) with 6 LTO drives. With AS 9.01 we are using RAID 1. (3 virtual libs with 2 drives configured as raid 1).

Now we are unable to restore all non-RAID tapes from AS2000 because AS9.01 does not find them. We can see them in "device view" but not in for example in "Merge" view.

So we can't restore the "old" tapes and we can not merge them, too.

Anybody got an idea ?

Thanks,
Torsten

Can you do a restore by media and select the media you want.
From there you should be able to use an include filter to restore information you want (File/directory only)

No, i can't restore by media because i can't see the non - raid tapes. I only see the raid tapes.

Restore by session allows me to select "old" tapes, but ARCserve complains about "Unavailable Group or Backup Device".

btw.: Lokal CA Support (Germany) has been notified about this problem but is not able to solve it (at least for now)

As test to see if it is related to the RAID option, remove RAID from one of the virtual libraries and try the restore from one of those two drives.

Relating to DavidMichel's answer, that's the way to go.
This behaviour was "by design" already in AS2K.

Regards,
Harald

Thanks Harald,

you are right. I've just got a call from CA Support that told me the same story. Works as designed ...

I still can't see the reason for that. It is no problem to restore from a RAID 1 Tape when the second one is not there. And from my point of view this is the basically the same prozess. I'll see if i can open a "feature enhancement request" at CA.

Thanks for your help
Torsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back