Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with rad with DID answering on 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jun 7, 2006
US
I upgraded a orstar from 3.1 norstar to 7.0 xc with PRI. I put a DID on the Rad and can't get it to answer for remote programming. It does not have a mailbox and there is not any call fwding on the ext number. It works fine for operator assisted programming. It is on a fast rad.
I have checked all the programming for prime line also and rad programming. I am wondering if I need to reboot the system and call pilot?

What type of RAD? I think you either need a FastRad2 or if it's just a fastrad then you need a Firmware upload for it.

It is a fast rad not fast rad 2 but I have checked Nortel compatability charts and it should be fine. After 3 rings it is going to the general mailbox.

what is the target line you are using, what did you program on the rad ie auto answer on, answer line:---answer delay.

also turn off the forward on no answer for the station number that the rad is on.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

This is the note from the chart for a FastRad.

Note 4: Firmware Upload required for MICS4.0 and beyond. Visit the Nortel Networks, ITAS web site.

Yes, I think I need the firmware upload or a fastrad2. All the programming is fine. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

I don't think you should be getting to the general delivery mailbox at all, the minimum timing for answer on the RAD is 18 sec which is also close to the ammount of time 3 rings will take before being sent to VM. If the VM is pre-empting your answer routine for the RAD you will never get answered by the rad.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

It works fine for operator assisted. I thought maybe because I had to do a lot of change dns for the extension numbers for the PRI/DID's that the sytem may need a reboot to solve it going to the gen mbox.

Thanks for your info - it really helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back