Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with "User must change password at next logon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngtri

Programmer
Dec 7, 2004
NO
Hi
I am using w2k server and I created a user inside the Domain Controllers. Properties on the user and then ticked on "User must change password at next logon", and then OK

I am using XP as a client to change password:
Prompt opp message to retype a password twice. But the retyped password doesn't work. I got an error message:

If I ticked on "Password never expires". It is alright, I can log on

Is it the only workstation on the network? First run the ipconfig /all command for your ip configurations then ping the domain controller from that xp machine.
You should check your dns for the host record of this particular machine
If your dns is working alright and there is connectivity, you should be able to log on to that dc

Thanks for response.
There are 3 workstations on the network. ping JODA did not response, could not find
How to check dns (standing for domain name system?) ?

RIGHT CLICK ON MY NETWORK PLACE>PROPERTIES>CONNECTIONTAB>RT CLICK>TCP/IP>PROPERTIES.AND ON THAT TAB YOU WILL ENTER YOUR MACHINE IPCONFIGUTRATION.ENTER YOUR DNS SERVER ADDRESS CORRECTLY.SAVE(OK).REBOOT.AND TRY TO PING YOUR SERVER FROM THE XP MACHINE AND FORM THE SERVER DO A PING TO XP.IF THE PING WORKS YOU ARE OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back