Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with PrintToPrinter on webapp using win 7.0 64 bit server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MzKitty

Programmer
Oct 28, 2003
US
I am using vs2008 for my web application. Everything runs fine on the current win 7.0 32 bit server, but we are trying to upgrade to a 64 bit server with the newest version of Sql Server 2008 r2 and the crprinttoprinter is not working. I have installed the crystal runtimes for win 7.0 64 bit, but when the user clicks on print, it never sends the report to the printer queue. It acts like it printed, but it doesn't. Do I have to install the crystal runtime for win 7.0 64 bit on my development computer, so that when I compile and publish to the website it has the correct crystal dll's? The app works fine if the report selected goes to acrobat and you print from it, but not when I try to print directly to the server's default printer.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cathy

Has the printer been installed on the new server (and set as default?)

Mark

"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

Yes it has. I finally got it to print, but I had to code my report as:

crReport.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "\\Consumers_1\acct-laser"
crReport.PrintToPrinter(1, False, 0, 0)

It should have gone directly to the default printer, but I had to tell it the network sharename. Thanks for replying to my thread.

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back