Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasystranger2

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2003
VN
Hi!
I have a server installed ISA2004 standard on Win2kserver, that server is a member of domain controller. everything ok but the machine i installed Microsoft firewall client soft can't print through LAN, or very slow priting.
My English not well, and please help me or give a suggest.
Thanks

Is it printing or not? Is it just printing slow? Do you get any error messages? How is the printer attached to your network? Are you a Windows 2000 Active Directory Network? What OS is on the machine that is having printing problems? Do all of your machines have problems printing?

Dan

Thanks for your reply
I have a server with Active Directory to manage all clients. The ISA server is another server member machine with 2 NIC (1 for LAN, one for Internet). the clients (2k, winme...) which installed "MS Internet sercurity Client firewall" print through network so slow. But If I set IP in the default gateway and DNS of TCP/IP and don't install "MS internet Security Client firewall" then everything ok.

How are the printers attached to the network? Through a print server or are the attached directly to the server and being shared?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back