Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Print Preview, I need help!!!!!!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gert

Programmer
Apr 9, 2000
DO
Hi all
My problem is that when I send some information to a print preview page, the print preview its OK, it show all data I need, but when I send that print preview to the printer other data are printed and not the one on the print previe.

How could i solve this problem pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Gert

Typically, that ususally means that you have a table in the Dataenvirionment of the Report that hold different information that the intended data. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

HI

Are you using a cursor or a View. It appears, you may be using a VIEW.

While some one can ask.. what is wrong with a view...

It is likely that you are using some variable in the report which is the same as variable outside of the report. SO when the report is rolled out for preview, the values are changed. That will change the views parameter values or the filter you use for the cursor.

SO the second run of the report form provides you a wrong set of records.

I think you have to investigate this and correct :) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

This means per the above...

open your data environment on your table and

remove the table(s) from them
Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

Hi GreyWalk,

open your data environment on your table and
remove the table(s) from them

I do not know if you seriously meant that. Tables dont have DE. What Mike meant is Reports DE and remove the tables in that. However, preview is working correctly is what has been mentioned. So I dont think that is the problem here.

:) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

I had a similar problem like this at one time.

It did involve a Variable I was Calculating on a Given field and needed a running total. When it actually printed it picked up where it left off for instance

Item 1 200 200
Item 2 150 350
Item 3 500 1,050

That was the results I wanted. What I was getting on mthe preview screen was just that. On the printout it would come out like this

Item 1 200 1,250
Item 2 150 1,400
Item 3 500 1,900

I just told them on that report they could not have a preview screen for it. It was a small enough report for that to be ok.

Is this the same type of thing you are coming across?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back