Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with port 1042....Need help to block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieljohn

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
Hi,

After scanning my IIS server the result showed that port 1042 is being used by a Trojan Bla1.1 how can i block the port so that no unnecessary activity is done through this port .

Also would like to know more about this Trojan and how it can harm my system.

Matter very vry urgent.

Regards

Daniel

Hi,

Does this server reside behind a firewall? If it does, then you need to block the port. How you do it is specific to the firewall itself.

Tony.

Thanks fo the update tony and yes it does reside behind a firewall.And can u help me in blocking the port.

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Can't really say as it is specific to the firewall. If it is a software firewall there is usual an piece of software to access it. If it is something like a Cisco Pix Firewall then there is a command string that needs to be put in via a terminal connection.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

The problem got Solved.
I scanned for the required Security patches and applied them one by one which helped in blocking the port and the Trojan is no more seen on the system.
Thanks for ur help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back