Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with policy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2003
JO

i have this problem with error number 1001 and this error it is record every 5 minutes.
actully it does not give me any real problem but i get this error in the event viwer

Security policy cannot be propagated. Cannot access the template. Error code = 3.
\\ccjo.com\sysvol\ccjo.com\Policies\{6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9}\Machine\Microsoft\Windows NT\SecEdit\GptTmpl.inf.

actully i try it before and it does not work

Glman,

Do you have the following environmental variables.

In the system Variables on the server;

DSDIT = c:\winnt\ntds
DSLOG = c:\winnt\ntds
SYSVOL = c:\winnt\SYSVOL

I had a similar problem and it was solved by entering those.

it does not work the files is already exist

Glman,

Can you give us some details about your network infrastructure...please?

Patty

You have this message from a special action? Have you imported any policy template (it seems)? If yes is a well known issue but is a dangerous procedure. Please detail the problem. Is your server a PDC? is AD active? How many templates have you imported from mmc policy snap-in?

actully yes it is pdc and it is 2000 server and i have one templete for the policy in the domain controller what is install in the DNS and the path for this policy it is all exist and the permission oon this folder it is corret but the error still exist every five minutes.

Ok,
if you have checked the issue (see Aslamvs post) and all is ok, the next step must be the check of the DNS config.
If your machine is (on the primary net adapter) myserver.mydomain.com, having IP address 172.25.25.251, your nslookup (direct and reverse) must be:

C:\>nslookup myserver.mydomain.com
Server: myserver.mydomain.com
Address: 172.25.25.251

Name: myserver.mydomain.com
Addresses: 172.25.25.251

C:\>nslookup 172.25.25.251
Server: myserver.mydomain.com

Name: myserver.mydomain.com

Is this true on your machine?

Pino