Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with PDFs in IIS

ravalos

Technical User
Aug 3, 2024
ES
Until now, any link to a .pdf opened without problems and now all browsers on any computer open them as if they were plain text, displaying meaningless gibberish, things like this:

x�b�b`��������� ؀����M�! ��� J � Gx}�90:05�2p1�0h0x�r���� �@� ���R�r�t����1��Fr�tBZ�����jl)�"$��*�y�7d3���$�HN�~���qz?[J���D������ dK�a!9������!l)?d$'�=H ~�8�ǐ-庅��yiEKμ ���!

It happens with any pdf, but they are all fine and perfectly accessible directly, but not from the web served by IIS on a Windows Server 2022. I have checked the MIME types, which seem correct, and also the HTTP headers where Content-Disposition, Content-Type and X.Powered-By are listed. I am very confused. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

This may be applicable. If you are running IIS 7.5, and have the Adobe reader plugin. Microsoft has a hotfix.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back