Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Parameters for SQL command 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgakhar

Programmer
Dec 14, 2005
MX
I have a report with the SQL being a command where I've simply pasted my query. I have some input parameters for the query as well which I've created via Database Expert --> Edit Command --> Create.

The problem that Im having is that now I want to create another parameter for the query. If I simply edit the command and add a new where clause with the parameter, it works fine. However, if I create a new parameter using the Create button it errors out.

Im using CR 10 and OLE DB.

Thanks,
Manish.

I believe I've read that that is a bug. Try creating a new report using "Add Command" where you create all parameters at once.

-LB

You're using an SQL Query and including parameters in it? I've had just that bug. One option - not neat, but workable - is to apply a Crystal selection to the SQL Query input.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

When I create a new report using Add Command and if I create all the parameters at once, it works fine. Just a big pain coz I have to redo almost all my reports now. Wish there was a simpler fix.

MG.

lbass - the hotfix did it. Problem now seems to be solved.

thanks a lot for your help !!

MG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back