Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with packaging my EJB

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinik

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
CA
Here is the problem. I have writen a little test app that will be running an ejb. My ejb is very basic as it contains two functions: a setvalue() and a getValue(). The names of my 3 classes are Adder.class, AdderHome.class and AdderEJB.class. As you can see they complied fine. I am trying to package them into an EJB .jar fle using the deploytool from Sun. This what I did and it fails at the end.

1) Selected a new application named AdderApp
2) Added my 3 classes
3) Selected the stateless option.
4) In the Enterprise Bean Class combo box, I entered AdderEJB
5) The bean name is AdderBean
6) in the Local Home Interface, I put AdderHome.
7) In the Local Interface, I put Adder
8) In the Remote Home Interface, I put AdderHome.
9) In the Remote Interface, I put Adder.
10) The transaction management is Container managed.
11) In the JNDI tree name, I entered MyAdder as the name.

This is when I choose the deploy option and enter the name AdderAppClient.jar after I select the "return Client jar" option.

when I click finish it progresses for a while and then gives me the following error message:

There was a deployment error:

java.rmi.ServerException:RemoteException occurred in server thread: nested exception is :
java.rmi.RemoteException: error processing ejb jar: compilation failed.
The error.log file contains the following message

Compilation failed.
at com.sun.ejb.codegen.GeneratorDriver.compileClasses(GeneratorDriver.java:232)
at com.sun.ejb.codegen.GeneratorDriver.preDeploy(GeneratorDriver.java:625)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend.JarInstallerImpl.deployEjbs(JarInstallerImpl.java:707)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend.JarInstallerImpl.deployApplication(JarInstallerImpl.java:221)
at org.omg.stub.com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend._JarInstallerImpl_Tie._invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java:355)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java:255)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:84)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.orbutil.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:99)

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Spinik
Senior consultant

I am also facing the same problem, I have two CMP beans
{Hotel, HotelHome, HotelBean} in Hotel EJB
and
{Address, AddressLocalHome,AddressBean} in AddressEJB

the j2ee deployment verifier doesnt shwo any failures, but when i deploy i get the following error

Compilation failed.
at com.sun.ejb.codegen.GeneratorDriver.preDeploy(GeneratorDriver.java:603)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend.JarInstallerImpl.deployEjbs(JarInstallerImpl.java:707)
at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend.JarInstallerImpl.deployApplication(JarInstallerImpl.java:221)
at org.omg.stub.com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.backend._JarInstallerImpl_Tie._invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java:355)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:84)
at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.orbutil.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:99)

I initially used suns reference j2ee server and its accompanying deploytool and endured 3 weeks of problems, which didn't appear to be my own.

I then changed to using the Orion j2ee server (free for development purposes and Ant for deployment and all my problems went away. My strongest recommendation is not to use suns j2ee server (they don't recommend it themselves for commercial use).

Hope you have more luck with these.

Colombian

excuse me but i don't speak english fluently.
I have the same problem. I have 4 ejb cmp2(Axe Contrat Indicateur,objectif) when i dploy my application i have this message:
ompilation failed.
at com.sun.ejb.codegen.GeneratorDriver.preDeploy(GeneratorDriver.java:603)
I hope there is someone wicth hepl me

Nobody have answer me first i have send my message. I resolve my problem like that:
I looked at my code and discovered that i wrotte code for relationships without mapping it. It's all.
Excuse me for my bad English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back