Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Out Of Office Assisistant in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

htran

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
US
We have Exchange 2007 and MS Office 2007 here.

One day while setting up the "Out Of Office Assistant", I noticed that it did not work properly.

With Outlook 2007, this feature (Out of Office Assistant) is greatly enhanced, however, it did not work as it should.

There are 2 parts of this new set up, one is for "Inside My Organization" and the other for "Outside My Organization".

I typed 2 separate messages with different contents and then tested. While sending a test message from my Yahoo account, I noticed that I am only getting content of the message from the "Inside My Organization". I thought that it was odd. I asked one of my colleagues to test his Outlook and it was the same result.

Does anyone know how to fix this or this is a bug from Microsoft?

Do I have to configure the Exchange 2007 to adapt with this new feature?

Greatly appreciate the help.

HT

I believe that I found the solution for this.

Under Exchange 2007, go to "Global Settings" --> "Hub Transport" --> "Remote Domains" --> "Defaults * " and then right click on "Properties". Select the following option:

"Allow external out-of-office messages, and out-of-office messages set by Outlook 2003 or earlier clients or sent by Exchange Server 2003 or earlier servers".

You have to restart the "MS Exchange Transport" service from Windows services.

I can't restart this service during the business hours so I will try it later on tonight or next week.

I will post results.

HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back