Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with OFFICE shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreis

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
When every I'm eith playing a game or just setting there wishing for other stuff and all, I kept getting this window, that saids (OFFICE),the application must be installed to run. Please run setup from the location where you originally installed the application, and when I hit Cancel.

then it will go away, then about 20min later it will come back, same thing over and over, I tried to restart, and nothing helps... and I tried to reinstall and it won't open and can't uninstall...... need help please

Thanks will look into it......

Ok I tried all the thing you told ma and none of them worked.

But here is what it is saying,

(The windows Installer Service could not be accessed. this can occur if you are running in Windows in safe mode. or if the windows installer is not correctly install. Contact you support personnel for assistance.)

I'm not in safe mode and I also downloaded the InstMsiw, and I tried this and it did the same thing, is there anyway I can delete this.......

PLZ help
thanks

Ok now there is a real problem..... I can't install anything at all with this comming up everytime..... what can I do to delete this

This is malware.

Redo carefully the steps in faq608-4650

Pay special note to the suggestion that at least two online antivirus scans be done. I would use Trend Micro and Panda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back