Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with off line modus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeS

MIS
Aug 14, 2002
Hi,

I am encountering a problem with functionality offered in off line mode. My situation is the following.

In supervisor I have created a user with limited functionality in Designer, f.e. it is not allowed to make new connections. In online modus and in off line modus everything works allright.

Now I want to change the limitations. The user is assigned to a new user group. Everyone in this group is allowed to make new connections. In online modus everything works ok. However, in off line modus the user is not allowed to make new connections. How is this possible? When I make a complete new user in the same user group with the same limmitations everythins works fine..??!?!

Is it possible the my changes are not made in de localy stored .lsi files?

Greetings Serge

Just delete the users .lsi file and it should be OK. It will be rebuilt.

Does your user exist only once in the repository. If he exists twice, and one is restricted, then all will be restricted.

Also, you can't create secured connections when in offline mode.
Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Hi Steve,

Your solutions works: I already tried it. However, I don't think it is a structural solution. It would mean that whenever something changes for an existing user the user's .lsi file has to be deleted. Doesn't it?

Serge Schokkenbroek
Ordina Finance Business Solutions

I agree that this should not be this way. Remember my other question: Does the user exist in 2 places?

I would also suggest you do a scan and repair on the document domain. It's possible you have some corruption. Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

The user doesn't exist in more than 1 place. I scanned and repaired all domain: there were no corruptions and it didn't solve the problem.

It's weird, I can't find an logic behind this issue.

Cheers, Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back