Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Notes Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmoss

Programmer
Feb 14, 2001
GB
We have a wierd problem.
Some of our users (possibly all of them, they don't necessarily report problems to us ;) ) find that if they enter a calendar entry into April 1st, it also appears in April 2nd. It only appears to affect that date, and we have no reports of April 2nd copying to April 1st.
Has anyone heard of this, and if so, any ideas how to sort it.
Unfortunately my Notes knowledge is a little lacking, so any answers may have to be in laymens terms :)

Thanks,
Dan Moss

Through out the use of version 4 and version 5 of notes I have come across loads of little bugs like this. The easy fix is to upgrade the version that you have. We use 5.0.8 which works fine. I seem to remember that bug only existed in 4 but I might be wrong, my memory isnt what it used to be :eek:)

You need to make sure that the date and time zone on the client machine matches the date and time zone of the server. In R5, the location should be set to use the machine's settings, but you must make sure that the machine's date and time zone are correct for your current location.

We have also had this problem using release 4. The way round it is to edit your current location (File - Mobile - Edit current location). Got to the Advanced section (Daylight Savings) and select "Observed here".
You must then use Control Panel - Date/Time and click on the Time Zone tab. Here you should tick the box at the bottom which says "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes".
This should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back