Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Nfuse 1.5 not launching file 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doswelk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
GB
I am having a problem with Nfuse over the Internet:

We can use Program Neighbourhood without problems via the internet and firewall, but when we try to connect via NFuse everything works up to the point when you try to launch the application, it fails to connect to a Citrix server I managed to find one of the ica files that NFuse was creating to launch Excel 97. The problem seems to be that the TCP/IP address of the citrix server is not being included in the ICA file:

[ApplicationServers]
Excel 97=

[Excel 97]
Address=
InitialProgram=#Excel 97
DesiredColor=4
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP

If you have any ideas of things to try I would appreciate it

Kevin

Hello,

If I understand what you are saying, this can be fixed by using the AltAddr command on the relevant Citrix servers. These addresses need to map to the relevant addresses on the outside of your firewall. It is fairly well explained in the NFuse Admin guide.

What this does is produce an alternate address in the ica file which is the address that is pubilically addressable. (The same one you would be using in the Program Neighborhood connection)

The session connects to port 1494 on that address which your firewall would redirect based on network address translatio defined to the relevant Metaframe server. It is then allocated a 'high port' (above 1029 I think) to run the actual session on.

Our NFuse setup is fairly 'stock standard' (couple of mods out of the admin guide) and works a treat.

Here is the ICA file from ours...

=========================================
[WFClient]
Version=2
ClientName=random generated client name was here

[ApplicationServers]
WordPad=

[WordPad]
Address= public IP address was here (eg: 203.x.x.x)
InitialProgram=#WordPad
DesiredColor=2
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
AutologonAllowed=ON
Username=username was here
Domain=domain was here
ClearPassword=password was here

DesiredHRES=800
DesiredVRES=600
TWIMode=On

EncryptionLevelSession=Encryption Level was here

[EncRC5-0]
DriverNameWin32=pdc0n.dll

[EncRC5-40]
DriverNameWin32=pdc40n.dll

[EncRC5-56]
DriverNameWin32=pdc56n.dll

[EncRC5-128]
DriverNameWin32=pdc128n.dll
=============================================

If I missed the point appologies. If I can help further feel free to email me directly.

Regards,

Andrew

I'm having the same exact problem.. if you find the answer please let me know, I'll do the same.

Good Luck!

I got connections to work finally. I edited the template.ica file
and adjusted the following

Original before edit

[[NFuse_AppName]]
Address=[NFuse_IPV4Address]

Edited with actual ip number of our citrix server.
[[NFuse_AppName]]
Address=2XX.X.XXX.XX

Hope this helps!!! It worked for me.

Yes it would appear the only way to get this to work is to put the IP address in the Template ICA file, my only question is given that we have multiple servers, and as I have to enter a physical IP address for the server in the template.ica files, what happens when that server goes down?

I seem to remember you could set up alternate servers but I cannot find where this was written down.

Once again thank you for your help so far.

Kevin

It _should_ be possible to just enter the name/IP of the Master Browser server.

Most larger companies use a separate Metaframe server which is configured as a dedicated M/B for this purpose.

I think it's also possible to enter multiple server addresses - so in the scenario I've described, the addresses of the Backup browsers would be added to the list.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back