Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Nagivation Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileseve1

Technical User
Oct 12, 2003
US
Help!

I am having problems populating data for my nagivation controls. I need to be able to add a new record to my database by clicking a button entitled "ADD" and I would like to be able to search my database with a combo box and button( user chooses title from combo box and then clicks "search" and data is displayed in the datagrid.)

Thank you!

make you question a bit more specific and try giving us some code or do you want somebody to write the program for you?

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

I was not asking anyone to write my code for me. I was simply asking how do I create nagivation controls for a database. If I knew how to code it I would not be asking my question.

it all depends on how you want to go about it. if you want to create unbound or bound forms. but because both methods would take a lot of explaining I propose you go google and search for databinding, ado.net and vb.net this and then come back for the search thingie that is pretty easy if you know how.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

Hi,
Im not sure abt what u exactly want. But is my understanding right.

you have a combo with a list of values. when user selects a value and clicks on search button, a datagrid should be populated with relavant data?????

if this is what u want, then populate a dataset with the required query. then bind the dataset to the datagrid.

Do want to know how to retrieve data????

Lavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back