Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with mirror on Windows 2000 Pro !

Status
Not open for further replies.

netlan

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
US
I want to use hard drives for backup. I would like to mirror my drive C onto another local drive and keep both drives identical. If my C drive fails I want to be able to switch the D drive to the boot position and continue on working. Can you tell me if I need any special software to do this and how do I get the computer to boot from the D drive.
As I know, Windows 2000 Server allow for us configuring in Computer Management. It's buld-in with Windows, but I want to look for a software for Windows 2000 Pro. Because I can't config it on windos 2000 Pro.
If you know, please share to me. Thanks in advance

Powerquest are bringing out a product within 2 months to do a hardware image automatically. A server product is available now.

Thanks for your reply. But now, I mean using a software that it can mirror hard disk automatically.
When Windows operate, all of data are written to both of hard disk simultaneously.
Sincerely.

I think the software Pytchley was talking about will do that. May be worth considering a cheapo IDE-software raid card - they are cheap as chips.

Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back