Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Logon Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkdog

Technical User
Dec 8, 2002
AU
I'm having a real problem making logon scripts work.

My logon script consists of a simple batch file that calls Kix32 to run a script.
The kix32 scripts are fine and tested. I simply cannot get windows 2K Server to run the batch file when a user logs on. I've followed the instructions in the help files and copied the files into the NETLOGON share on the server. I've selected them in the Group Policy object etc etc - but nothing seems to work. I'm sure that I missing something very simple..........

You probably already did this but you did not mention it so I will!
You need to add the logon script name to each user account profile that needs the script.
If you run different scripts for different users you add the one they need to their profile.
Hope this helps.

Have you verified the that the batch file runs the kix script correctly by double clicking the actual batch file.

I thought that you could have a global script that applied to all users........

GD

there's nothing wrong with the batch file or the kix script. They both run fine on their own. Windows is simply not running the batch file on logon - and I can't understand why.
i searched the web and found a step-by-step guide that I followed to the letter. see :-

I was wondering if there is any particular service that needs to be running for it to work .............I'm having some error messages come up about a service not starting....

GD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back