Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Local Password Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdrama

MIS
Apr 6, 2004
US
I have a stand alone windows 2000 machine SP4 that I am trying to set up a password policy to not allow blank passwords. I went into local security policy and set minimum password length to 8 and that works when I try to create a user with a blank password using computer management, but if I create a user from user accounts in control panel it allows me to create the user with no password. How can I restrict users with a blank password? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure - when I tried this it prevented me creating the user from user accounts.

We are talking about Security Settings|Account Policies|Password Policy|Minimum Password Length?

I'm sure. It might be corrected with a patch, but this workstation can't connect to the internet because it is a classified system and if it is a patch, I don't know which one it is.

Thanks for everyones help, but the problem seems to be a flaw and the work around was to just hide the users icon in control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back