Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Licenses for Cluster Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram281075

Technical User
May 17, 2002
GB
When I try to backup Exchange Cluster, finish whit error: "Unable to grant NT CLUSTER CLIENT license: Too many clients. Maximum is 6", but the number of physical cluster nodes is the same of licenses. The log content (daemon.log) is:

05/09/02 18:03:05 nsrd: RAP error: there are more clients connected than number of licenses.

05/09/02 18:03:33 nsrd: Available: sv=20, ws=0, clu=0, clu_nt=6, clu_unix=0, clu_linux=0

05/09/02 18:03:33 nsrd: Connected NT Clusters: (6)

Use the command
nsrlic -v
To see which clients are registered as Cluster.

Are you running legato 5 or 6

Regards

Paul

Executing the command "nsrlic -v" I could see Networker server think one virtual server is a physical node !!! and it takes one license !!!

I'm running Networker 6.1.1
Sorry for my English.

Regards.Ricardo.

What version of Exchange Module ?
If your using v2 try updating to the latest version; v2.00-005.

The release notes for version 2.0-005 mentions a bug which sounds like the problem you're having:

"LGTpa30271: On a clustered Exchange Server, a backup could fail and log the following incorrect error message in the xbsa.messages log file: "Unable to grant NT CLUSTER CLIENT license: Too many clients. Maximum is 2." However, no additional cluster license was actually needed."

Regards,
StefanS

Legato Support write me:

"We think that there is a corrupted indexfile.
Can you stop NetWorker and rename de current indexfile as old.
When you start NetWorker again, NetWorker goes create a new indexfile.
Start the backup and see what?s happen.
If it?s give de same problem, rename both indexfile and mediafile, then start NetWorker.
An odder action that you can do is to reinstall your licenses. "

But I think the problem is in the Exchange Module version how you explain. What are you think ?

I'm almost certain that the problem is in the Exchange module. See my previous post.

Regards,
Stefan

I will try to actualize the version of the Exchange module.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation.

Regards,
Ricardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back