Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with layers in photoshop 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemy2k

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
AT
can somebody please try to help me?

until now, everything worked fine, but now.... I cant do anything really good with the layer. when I want some special text effect or something I get this error msg: "Could not complete your Request because the type layer uses a faux bold style".

what does that mean dammit????

thank you

A faux bold style is used when you click on the little "B" button in the type styles dialog, but the font you're using does not have a bold version, so the program makes the text look bold by using some Postscript trickery to add a thick outline or move the text around a bit. This can often cause Postscript problems when printing or trying to add styles or effects, and now that Photoshop 6.0 uses vector-based text, it is unable to apply layer styles to force-bolded text. You should turn off the bold applied to the text, or use a font which has a bold version.

As far as I know, all Type 1 fonts have "True" bold/italic/narrow ....,
opposed to True Type. The modified version are not necessarily
shown in the font list in the application program (e.g. PageMaker).
---- Gernot

select your type tool.......OPEN the CHARACTER window by selecting PALLETS from the top options bar or from the WINDOWS in the menu bar........in the options box select the little black arrow that points to the right in the top right corner..............you'll get a list of functions..........deselect (turn off) FAUX BOLD............

Hope it helps!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Rasterize the type (after making a copy) and then apply the effect. If Photoshop gives you problems about rasterizing the type, then create an empty layer, link it to the text layer and Merge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back