Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEM WITH IPSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguander

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
FR
Hello,
I have a problem with a G650 with an IPSI that is in another LAN that the S8700 and Other G650 and IPSIS ( IPSI1 and IPSI2 LAN 10.148.128.X ). There are a VLAN betwen the 2 LAN for connect the G650 and IPSI 3 ( 10.148.144.X ) but the control server don't see it.I make pings and all works with IPSI 3.
Can you help me ?
Regards,
Eguander

Are you blocking any ports on your second LAN switch? With your transit VLAN configuration are you able to see devices from LAN 1 that are on LAN 2? It sounds like you may need to make a config change on the transit VLAN.

Hi,wich port needs IPSI to link with s8700 ? Perhaps is the FIREWALL's server ?

One thing to check before going at it as a firewall issue might be to check that the IPSI is configured correctly. The IPSI needs to have Gateway address set correctly. If the gateway address isn't correct you will be in a scenario where you can ping out but not ping in.

This link provides some useful informtation on configuring an IPSI.

Try placing static IP routes in the servers for Control Networks. That should resolve your issue

thanks justinsm2 but the gateway of the IPSI 3 is ok.The IPSI1 ( 10.148.128.1 )and IPSI2 ( 10.148.128.2 ) are in diferent LAN than the IPSI3 ( 10.148.144.1 ) but the ping run ok in and out .

hi , "cnc on" in the promp of the ipsi ? this command no works !
Regards,
Eguander.

Dunstan's answer should solve your issue. You do not have a TCP/IP issue. It is your S8XXX's Control Network Ethernet Interface that has no default gateway, so addresses out of the subnet can't be reached via that interface. A Linux expert (not me) should be able to execute a ping towards the remote IPSI from the Control Network Ethernet Interface and show you there's no reply.
By putting a static route on the web interface pointing to the subnet's default gateway should work.

Hi,the problem has resolved yesterday , the solution was in the vlan of cysco .
Thank you all .
Regards,
Eguander .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back