Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse63

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
Here is the exact error message, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Setup failed while Configuring registry entries for Information Store Service (error 0xC00700C1: Bad EXE Format) .

Additional information:
The command

D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exschema.exe /regserver

failed, returning error code 191705424 (An unknown error has occurred.).

Bad EXE Format

Facility: Win32
ID no: c00700c1
Microsoft Exchange Setup

Processing file 'e:\setup\i386\exchange\mdb_reg.ins', at or near line 1139 (CreateProcess:D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin;D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exschema.exe /regserver;4294967295)

Registry file name: 'e:\setup\i386\exchange\mdb_reg.ins'

Filename = '%sourcedir%\mdb_reg'

Service = 'MSExchangeIS'

mode = 'Install' (61953)

Setup encountered an error during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services of Install component task.

Function:
ScCreateProcess
CInsParser::ScProcessLine
CInsParser::ScProcessLine
CRegistryManager::ScProcessFile
CBaseAtom::ScAddRegistryKeys
CAtomBaseMDB::ScAddRegistryKeys
CBaseAtom::ScAdd
CBaseServiceAtom::ScAdd
CBaseAtom::ScSetup
CBaseComponent::ScSetup
CBaseComponent::ScSetup
CCompServer::ScSetup
CComExchSetupComponent::Install

Hi,

Sounds like it might be a network communications error, possibly DNS.

I would recommend if you haven't already, run DCDIAG.EXE and NETDIAG.EXE located on your Windows 2000 server disk. Copy both of these files to a temp directory and doubleclick on NETDIAG icon and a report will generate in the folder. Run DCDIAG from the command line and you will need to specify a DC in the command. I think its: c:\temp\dcdiag /s:"domain controller name here", this will generate a report in the command window for you to look at. Check over any failures or problems and correct as necessary.

Hope this is of some help.

Wyz

Thanks Wyz,

I will give that a shot and let you know how it goes.

a bad CD disk or drive perhaps ? your subject is problem installation look for the simplest reason first just because its new dont make it good the Sinclair C5 was new once.

Hi,

DG659 has a point, the only reason I keyed on communications, was during a failed install, i had a similar message and I found out I was having a hard time talking to a DC.

After re-reading your post, It's possible i'm off base for the issue.

I'm sorry if this has caused unnecessary work for you.

Wyz

Looks like it failed while extracting files. I'd try new media.

John
MOSMWNMTK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back