Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Info APS server

Status
Not open for further replies.

matahari

Programmer
Oct 16, 2000
CA
I have 3 Info APS servers running Seagate Info 7.0 on NT and the services is set to Automatic.
Recently, the Info APS servers have been rather *flaky*.

All recurring schedule instances that have been scheduled to run around 05:00 onwards will not run. It seems like the services stop overnight and I have to restart the services every morning. It's quite strange cos when I check the services on each APS server, they have been set to automatic and the status shows "started".

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have a couple of questions. First, are the APS clustered?
Second, What is your info system database type?
Sounds like there maybe a rptagent.exe problem or conflict with system resources. What is the exact version of Seagate Info your using?

kboyer@dmgrpt.com

In answer to your questions:
(1) Yes, APS is clustered.
(2) SQL-type database
(3) Seagate Info version 7.0.2.0

Thanks.

matahari: This is commonly an issue if you are using Oracle 7 and the database is set to backup automatically everynight. Solutions if you are:

1. move up to Oracle 8 or 8i (if the latter make sure you download the revised ODBC driver from crystaldecisions web site first!)

2. back up at less frequent intervals (not recommended!)

Check that your info servers have not been set to be unavailable at the required time.

HTH David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back