Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem With Indexes on a Few Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael42

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
Hello,

In my Legato Networker environment I have about 20 systems on one network. 3 of the systems continue to get this message after backups:

--- Unsuccessful SaveSets ---
host1:index 3 retries attempted
host1:index Connection Timed out
host1:index Aborted doe to inactivity

The the problem client systems are configured identicle to the other 17 that are not getting this message. All have the same version of the client too.

What can you advise?

Thanks,

Michael42

Serbtasctic,

I tried nsrck -L6 but unfortuantely am still getting the index errors on these same 3 clients.

Is there anything else I could try to fix this?

Thanks,

Michael42

First, what version of Networker are you running? if it is 6.x or later the nsrck -L6 can help. If it is 5.x or earlier use nsrck -F to fix the client index.

The client software is not the problem this is a server problem.

If I were you I would do one of the following:

1) shut networker down and rename the directory of one of the problem clients, then restart networker. This will rebuild the index from scratch,(you might have to run nsrck -L? to recreate the directory)

2) run a nsrck -L7 clientname (for 6.x or later) and recover the index from tape.

john7,

>> First, what version of Networker are you running?
6.x

Thanks - your suggestion worked great. :)

Thanks,

Michael42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back