Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with import/export in Networker

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1210

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2007
US
We are having a problem with our new install of Legato Networker 7.3.2 The switch from Backup Exec is going fine except for one small problem. When we export a group of tapes the mailbox door doesn't unlock. All the tapes are exported to the mailbox quickly and acurately, but the lock never releases. Did we miss a setting somewhere, or is there a command we need to run during exports/withdrawals?

It is also doing this on imports as well. We ran a single tape export to the mailbox----didn't unlock. We then ran a single tape import----didn't unlock.

Running on Server 2003, Dell 136t

I´ve seen occasions when the cap has become disabled due to the library being powered off for too long (>1min). I think that might have been caused by a firmware bug though.. If you have had the lib powered off, you might need to enable the cap again using the panel on the library itself.

Cheers!
Maverick

What are you referring to when you say "enable the cap again?" For some reson I haven't heard that term regarding the 136T.

CAP (Cartridge Access Port) is the same as Mailbox, just a different term. Sometimes i´ts also referred to as an IO port.
On some jukeboxes, not sure about the Dell 136t, it sometimes becomes disabled if the jukebox is powered off for too long.
This means that you might need to use the panel on the front and enable it again. This is just a guess, i´ve never worked with the Dell 136t..

Cheers!

Hi

Please try this.

-Stop the GST (NMC) server and processes.
- set the environmental variable GUI_INVENTORY_ADD_E = 1
- Restart the GST (NMC) server and processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back