Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with HP 895se printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibeguy

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
I've recently aquired a HP 895se printer. It printed one time then died. The cartridge carrier seems to get hung up in the right hand corner and makes an awful "grinding like" sound. I've taken it to a shop but the guy said it was something he couldn't mess with. Does this phenomenom sound user repaireable or does it sound like I need to contact HP.

I have had one problem like this with a brother printer. It turned out to be confused...

Note, this would be a last resort fix! it could make it worse...

I forced the carrier all the way to the right and then back to the left. It made a lot of noise and I was sure it would break at any moment, but in the end the printer started working fine. I figured it just forgot where the begining and the end was. Or maybe something was stuck in the works and this free'd it.

It was one of those fixes that involved alot of four letter words and a "see if you like this you piece of sh*t", kind of thing... good luck and I hope you don't break it.

Thanks jimioz,
But your suggestion was done when it first started and like you said there was a whole lot of grunting going on, it printed about half a page and low and behold stuck again. I'm wondering if thats why it stayed in the corner at work for so long. Maybe it was dropped on its head when it was a baby. I think I'm going to call HP and see what they can do. I was talking to a co-worker who had a problem with his HP ( not the same one ) and he said HP talked him through a sequence of "push this button once then these two three times then reach around your back and push this once that twice this and those 20 times and see what happens". After that he had no problem (with the exception of a terrible "kink" in his neck).
One more que I also have a Lexmark that wont print in black, is there a reason besides faulty cartridge that woul cause this. The pc says the cartridge is @ 3/4 full and I've run through all the steps for cleaning and unclogging but to no avail.
Thanks in advance,
vibeguy

No black print...hmmm thats a tough one. I'm assuming you have checked the simple things like removing the protective cover on the ink cartrige, or some other obstruction.

Other than that I have no idea. Lexmark makes cheap but good printers, so don't give up on it, but don't spend any money on it either. You can always buy a new one for less than the cost to have it looked at.

I had a panasonic fax once that would make a solid 2" wide black line down the middle of each fax received, so I took it apart and cleaned everything. Then tried to put it back together and couldn't remember for a few little pieces went...The 2" line turned into an 8 1/2" line!!! oh well.
But it was a $60 fax and the shop wanted to charge me $75 just to tell me what was wrong with it. That shop is now its owner.

I've had people tell me that its possible for the cartridge ink to dry if the printer sets idle for a while. Mine did for @ 2 1/2 weeks (moving) but I find it hard to believe that the ink dried up, but I'm comp literate not professional. I think I will try to install new cartridge (@ $25.00 at walmart) and take it from there. Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back