Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap1612

MIS
Jun 22, 2004
GB
Just tried installing the citrix Hotfix MPSE300W2KR02 and after it was installed, noone could connect to the server from remote sites if connecting from a Windows NT machine. (Win 2000 machines were fine)

Soon as I uninstall it, they all connect fine again. Does anyone know of any workarounds for this, or is it simply a case of leaving the server unpatched?

Were you installing the hotfix for a reason ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Mainly because Im having various printing issues and other small issues with certain apps not running properly.

As the MPSE300W2KR02 is the cumulative patch of all the previous hotfixes and you can no longer get the individual hotfixes from the Citrix site, not much choice really! But guess its a choice now between printing issues and people not connecting totally!!!

Hotfixes should only be applied if you are having that particular problem. They ARE NOT service Packsb to be applied willy nilly.

Cheers
Scott

Yes i know that, however as i said i have a number of printing issues.

Installation of MPSE300W2KR02 will resolve some of those issues, however installation of it seems to be causing me a bigger problem then without the patch.

Sorry didn't mean to appear patronising.

What printing issues are you getting, maybe we can sort them and you won't need the fix.

Cheers
Scott

I have a case open with Citrix now where customer’s servers are (were) getting RPC errors. Support recommended removing R02 due to “Issues” that other customers were having with RPC Errors, BSOD’s, and other problems.

I cannot say that you issues are being caused by the R02, but it may be worth removing it (or leaving it off), and waiting for the Service Pack.

Justyn

Justyn Worrell
MCP, MCSE, MCT, CCA, CCEA, CCI
SCSA, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, AANG-UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back