Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with home server rebooting before loading o/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja365

Technical User
May 28, 2004
GB
Hi, I'm very much hoping I've come to the right place for some help.

I have a small home server with SCSI that has developed a rebooting problem. It won't load an o/s fully, each time (3 x o/s tried) it gets to the final system settings and then reboots. It keeps doing this.

I have pulled every component and tested them but nothing seems to work. Mobo has on board SCSI adapter and I don't know how I can check this. It recognises the drives ok. Have checked voltages and all is ok. Each hdd has been low level formatted and then high level formatted. New Bios flashed to the board.

HDD's have been checked and do not report any errors or bad sectors / clusters. Is this behaviour typical of a dying SCSI? (never had SCSI before this)

I'm out of ideas on this one and would welcome some input.

If loading Windows XP or 2000 are you hitting F6 to load the scsi drivers during install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back