Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Handset 2211

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrossird

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2008
I configured the Nortel Wlan Security Switch 2360 with 3 Access Point Direct Connected Nortel 2330A. I have a Microsoft DHCP server (Windows 2003 Server). I configured the SVP-II and the TFTP sever: the SVP-II upgrade the firmware from the TFTP server with out the problems.

At the wireless I connect my laptop and I recive IP address and can Browse at the Network, but when I try to connect the Handset 2211 I recive a messege "No DHCP Server". I configured the Handset full DHCP because I send all parameters from the server (TFTP address, Call Server address, etc...).

At the Wireless Security Switch I see the Handset access the Access Point but without IP "0.0.0.0"

Why a recive this error at the Handset and my PC can connect to the Wireless Network (at the same access point, same SSID)

Thanks

What firmware is on the handsets? Do you see the handset trying to associate to the 2360? if you type 'show sessions' you should see the handset associating, or trying to associate. You could put the handset in diagnostics/site survey mode and verify if you are able to see the APs on the configured SSID. That would at least tell you if you're associating to the controller properly. If all else fails, put a static IP on the handset to rule out any network/DHCP issues.

In the TFTP Server I put the file "pd11gl3.bin".
The SVP-II at the software version tab have:
SVP Type: 010
Hardware Versions: 33/02
Factory Page: 213.001
Downloader: 71.005 (d1fc9a10)
Table of Contents: 173.034 (91d3cca8)
Functional Code: 174.034 (0387143a)
File System: 175.034 (1c163539)
And the Wlan Security Switch have the version 5.0.11.4.0

I see the the handset associating with the 2360 but not receive any IP, I can see the IP "0.0.0.0" and the mac address for the handset.

I do the test and I put the static IP on the handset and when the handset try to upload the file from the TFTP I receive a error on the handset display "TFTP Error [2]:15" and at the TFTP server the said "error received from peer: wait - erasing memory" and then "Error received from peer: No download needed".

But when I configure the handset on DHCP (full) some phones display the error "no SVP IP" and another display "no GW response".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back