Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Groups and "Others"

Status
Not open for further replies.

itkyle

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Using CR6

I have a report that groups on a user name. When I run the report, I only get 5 groups, and "Others" as the 6th. Is there a setting for limiting the number of groups that I can change? I want all user names to have their own group.

I tried using Change Group Expert to list all of the Named Groups, but that didn't change anything.

Any help is appreciated.

Kyle

Please disregard - found that the problem was in the "TopN" grouping.

Hi Kyle,

there's a way to limit the number of groups that :"you want change", well i don´t know what you mean with "change" and i think limit is not your problem, First of all you have records with no "user name" or user name = "Others" in your data (second is not very likely), you should filter out these records or use "custom groups" and eliminate the group "others", read about it.

Good Luck

glauco -

When I mentioned "change", I meant to change a setting for the number of groups allowed. That was before I realized the TopN grouping was set to 5; after 5 groups were listed, the rest of the records fell into the "Others" group. Once I fixed the TopN setting, all groups were shown.

Thanks for responding though.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back