Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with graphs in BOb

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwivedys

Programmer
Nov 9, 2001
US
I have drawn a graph in BO and need to draw a line parallel to the X-axis of the graph to represent a constant value.
Ex if i am plottin percentage sales against year then i need to draw a line parallel to x-axis(representing year) where sales percentage value = 60%.
Does any one know how to do it...
Thanks
Saurabh

You need to create an object to plot on the graph. If this is just for a particular report you can create a report level measure variable (not just a formula) and just set the formula as =0.6.

If you want to have something available for lots of reports you could create the object in the universe. If you want to be able to set different levels for the constant line you could create an object which contains a prompt. You could also include the constants in a parameter table. This does not need to be joined to your other tables, although you will have to turn the cartesian product warning/prevention off.

1. Select Insert > Column > Right of the Selection.
2. Insert the formula: =RunningAverage(<Object that the trend line will be based on>)
3. Highlight the new column and select Format > Define as Variable.
4. Enter a name for your variable, click the Keep the Formula Generic radio button, then OK.
5. Right click the body of the table and select Turn to Chart.
6. Highlight the graph. Right click and select Autoformat.
7. Under Chart Types, select Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back