Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Ghost 7.5 and new Compaq EVO's 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnymc

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
US
We only use Compaq EVO PC's and we have a ton of apps to install on new units going into production. I purchased Symantec Ghost 7.5 to help me but the boot wizard included will not make a bootable floppy for me to use. Symantec says go to intel's site and get the new NDIS drivers. I did that and still can not get a boot floppy to work. They sent me to Compaq who told me exactly the same thing. Has anyone been able to make a boot floppy for the intel pro 100 and Compaq PC's???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
John

PLEASE HELP

I have been working on this for hours now. I am using the Compaq Evo with the Intel PRO/100 VM ethernet card. I created a boot disk from Ghost and then tried running the boot. I was getting an error on the Protocol.ini file, so I changed the drivername to e100b$ (which is the correct driver). So then when i booted up it comes up with no errors and goes into Symantec Ghost. But I still can't see any drives except for my own A:/ drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciate...thanks

Check out the format of the drive you're writing to. The regular ghost.exe can have difficulties seeing ntfs-partitions on w2000 workstations when in load-mode(when my memory serves me right). You will need ghostpe.exe or ghost2002, don't no which for sure.

I am using windows xp and still getting the same result. Can't see any drives when Symantec does come up...I even tried ghost.exe -fni. Any other suggestions. Much appreciated.

Lordy,

I was never able to get Ghost to work with the EVO's as it should. My only solution was to create a multicast session on the image server and use the boot disk to access the session and then I could push down the images. There may be a solution to this but spending the time to find it cost me more money than it would have to just go out and buy drive image pro. Check the book and look towards a multicast session and see if that works well enough for you.

You might want to try -fnx, this disables interupt 13 support for hd ops. To find out wether your ghost-version has a problem with the format, you can always try formatting a drive to fat 32 and try again to boot to the server. The solution of your problem aint with te NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back