Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Get Mail Action (3.1.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayfoxmvp

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2005
US
I am trying to use an attendant for checking several mail boxes. On the Specific tab the help says that if the name of a mailbox is entered in the target field than that is the box otherwise a ? will allow the box to be selected. I have tried several different names but all go the "Welcome to IP Office Please enter an extension and pound sign" as if it was the ?. Is this a bug or am I missing something. I am on the latest 3.1.56 and 3.1.18 for the voicemail.

Thanks
Clay

U should try put an extension number in the destination field. That is how Ive always done it and always seems to work (Including 3.1.18).

This is what I had at first as that is what I have always done. It will not even work with selecting Caller's mailbox, I still get the prompt for entering a mailbox number. The Leave works fine but something is up with the Get Mail. I even played with the *17 short code to see if it was involved but that did not make a difference.

Thanks
Clay

If you are in 'intuity' mode, it will ask for the extension number even if you put the number in the module for get mail. If you go to 'IP Office' mode, it will go to the mailbox you have in the specific field, but you still have to enter the passcode.

dizzy

I am using Intuity mode so I guess that is it.

Bummer.

Clay

Use an auto-attendant and transfers to short codes

"?Main"
Voicemail Collect

If you are collecting user mailboxes add the extensions that use the auto-attendant in the sourcecodes V201 etc

If you are using group mailboxes add the users to the group and disable them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back